Libriomancer - Jim C. Hines I've been looking forward to this one ever since I first heard of it and now I've won it through the first reads program. I received an uncorrected proof, so I can't quote anything. The book will be released on Aug 7th. This book is set in Michigan in the present day. Magic is hidden from the world by the Porters. Libriomancers use their love of books and the readers belief to magically pull objects from published books. Every type of vampire (and other creatures) ever written about in a book can exist in this world. Multiple versions of objects can exist too. Instead of carrying weapons, they carry books that contain weapons. Very dangerous books can be locked. I'd love to talk about the books and authors mentioned, but I'm trying to keep spoilers out of this review. Since this is a proof I'm not sure if the final list in the back of the book will be changed before publication, but mine doesn't list every book referenced in the text. I love this book and I want to be a libriomancer.